Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of MITOSIS
What is Mitosis?
Mitosis does not make sperm or egg cells
MITOSIS AND MEIOSIS!
What is Meiosis?
Comaprison Of The Stages
During meiosis, cells undergo two separate divisions which results in a reduction of the chromosome number.
In the first division, the chromosomes pairs split and in the second division, the sister chromatids split.
The four daughter cells (gametes) that result are haploid with half the chromosomes of the parent cell. Each daughter cell contains genetic information from both parents.
THANK YOU :)
Tomasa & Koby
Grows and Repairs cells
Makes identical cells
Makes body cells
Helps you grow!
Prophase - Beginning step, chromosomes condensing
Metaphase - chromosomes in the middle
Anaphase - spindles move cells in opposite ends
Telophase - Ends up in two cells
Each cell needs 46 chromosomes
- These chromosomes are made of DNA & protein
Cells hold something called a nucleus
YOU WANT IDENTICAL CELLS
sperm cells & egg cells
Meiosis is all about sperm & egg cells.
Sperm cells & egg cells each have 26 chromosomes.
Similarities Between The Two?
1. It is the reduction division, so it reduces the number of chromosomes in half, making the daughter cells haploid (when the parent cell diploid).
2. It is during meiosis I that most of the genetic recombination occurs.
Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, Telophase
3. The cells are all different from each other.
P.M.A.T. Happens 2x In Meiosis
But Interphase only occurs once though
1. Mitosis and meiosis are the two ways by which cells reproduce. As a result, they share several steps in their respective processes.
2. Both mitosis and meiosis produce fresh new cells based on their parent cells' genes.
Differences Between Mitosis and Meiosis?
1. Mitosis takes place all over the body, while meiosis only takes place in the sex organs and produces sex cells.
2. Mitosis produces two cells from one parent using one division event. However, meiosis produces four new child cells with two divisions, each of which has half the genetic material of its parent
What we made
Example we used
Cupcakes got too moist to make Meiosis.
Barely even had frosting on Tomasa .-.