Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Recycling Factory Project
Transcript of The Recycling Factory Project
The items are separated
In these 3 easy steps, the 4 materials can be separated from each other and identified into their own category.
Separate the Steel Cans
First, the conveyor belt will take the material off the truck. As the objects are making their way towards the magnets, the steel cans will be magnetized to the magnets.
Separate the Milk Jugs
Next, fill the large tank with water and pour the rest of the materials in the tank. The density of plastic(.95 g/cm^3) is less then the density of the water, therefore, the plastic will be the only one to float. The skimmers will then skim the plastic out of the water.
Separating the Soda Bottles and Aluminum
Finally,the conveyer belt would carry the remaining objects to the sugar water. The density of the soda bottles ( 1.4 g/cm^3) is less then the density of the sugar water, meaning the soda bottles will float at the top and aluminum cans(2.7 g/cm^3 would sink; the soda bottles would then be skimmed from the water, while the aluminum cans are collected from the bottom of the tank.