Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of "Raymond's Run" Plot Diagram
Transcript of Copy of "Raymond's Run" Plot Diagram
Main Characters: Squeaky and Raymond
Minor Characters: Gretchen, Mary Louise, Rosie
Setting: Harlem, New York, in the past
Conflict: Squeaky wants to win the race and be the best.
Squeaky is practicing her running as she is watching her brother, Raymond.
Gretchen, Mary Louise, and Rosie stop and taunt Squeaky about the race that is coming up. Squeaky defends her brother when she thinks they are making fun of him.
Squeaky arrives at the May Day races; her teacher suggests that she let Gretchen win the race.
The race begins, and Squeaky sees Raymond running along beside her.
Squeaky finishes the race strong and beats Gretchen.
Squeaky realizes that Gretchen is a good competitor. She also realizes that Raymond is a good runner. She plans to coach him so that he could have something to be proud of.
Squeaky learns to respect others, and she learns that there are more important things than winning.