Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Influences on Clothing
Transcript of Influences on Clothing
Activities Choosing What to Wear Conclusion There are many factors that determine what you wear. There are many factors that determine what clothes designers choose to produce. The world is changing and the consumer is becomeing more powerful, as a result there are more garmet options and less rules about what and when to wear clothes. physical, intellectual, emoitonal, social clothing choices are linked to how and where you spend your time. everyone has likes and dislikes. clothing likes and dislikes are determined by your values, beliefs, about what's important, desirable, or worthwhile. during teen years, young people usually have a strong need to be accepted by peers. the group may decide what clothing is "in" whether particular type of shoes, brand of clothing , or how one wears their clothes. Acceptance hinges on wearing the "approved" style. Your Basic Needs Impact of Media More Casual Living Is important:
Is it emotional?
Is it fact? Influences of Friends Other Influences Your Family Rapid Communication Multiple Shopping Options Consumer Power Global Marketplace Clothes can make you feel attractive and self-confident.
Clothes can also help you identify with other people and fell like part of a group. Clothes for protection, casual vs. formal activities, dress codes People want to choose clothes that feel good. For durabiliry, they want clothing that wears well over a long period of time. Those who value low cost lood for special sales and bargins. Some want clothing that takes little care to preserve their freetime. Individuals who value status, select clothes and accessories that look, or are, expensive or have hte name of a sesigner or celebrity. where the family lives and favorite activities influence what is worn. families who live in northern climates, need heavy coats. clothing choices are influenced by the family. often family members work together to take care of individual needs. Advertising Celebrities "Imitation if the sincerest form of flattery?" When you admire someone it is easy to allow that person to influence the choices you make, often about clothing. Subconsciously, people think that if they look or act liek a particulr person, wome o the admired characteristics will rub off. Status Symbols Many fashion designers, sports figures, and other celebrities have their names, initials, or symbols on clothies and accessories. What status symbols have you noticed? American Society was more formal:
- No white before memorial Day or after Labor Day
- Restaurants welcome casual dinning attire
- Wedding guests and bridesmaids can wear black
- Employers permits more casusal work attire Because societies share goods, servies, and other information quickly: fashion news transmits rapidly via computers, television, fax, and videos. Concerts, T.V. shows, sporting events are transmitted live via satellite TV. Similarly fashion can be sold at the same time in many parts of the world. Many stores are convinently grouped together in malls or strip centers. You can shop at home, through telephone, computer, or smartphone. Designers drove fashion in yesteryears, but now they are more likel to draw inspiration from what people are wearing - at clubs, parties, sporting events, and on the street. They shape the new fashions through use of new fabrics and colors rather than radiacal new styles. as consumsers, people have become more educated. Consumers know what they want and want it at rock bottom prices, the best quality, good service and least hassle! Now your clothes maybe result of worldwide journey. Your shirt may be designed in England, while your shirt pattern was manufactured in China, and the buttons and threans. Garments entirely made in one country is the exception ranther than the norm. Fashion capitials have expanded across the globe. In 1940s and 1950s the fashion capitol was Paris, while all the ready-to-wear designers were in New York City. In 1960s and 1970s the fashion capitols expanded to London, Rome and Milian. Today the capitols have expanded to include Tokyo, Germany, Spain, Scandinavia, Canada, and Hong Kong. Who decides what you wear? Protection, Identification, Modesty, Adornment, & Status Basic Function of Clothing: