Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Letter Formatting
A letter that is sent from a business or organization to an individual (or another business/organization).
Many business letters are printed on a company
A letter that is sent from an individual using their home address to a person (or business).
Examples: letters to a friend or relative
The address of the person who is
the letter (
Not needed if put on letterhead.
Letter Address or
The address of the person
the letter. The address of who the letter is going to.
The current date typed with the month, day, and year. Example:
March 31, 2014
A letterhead is a pre-printed stationery that consists of the business' name, address, phone/fax/email/website, and logo.
There are TWO types of letters:
Major Parts of a Letter
The greeting of a letter.
Examples: Dear Sir,
To Whom It May Concern,
The message of the letter broken down in paragraphs.
The ending of your letter. Example: Sincerely yours,
The authors name typed (because not everyone can read cursive (signature).
The authors name written in cursive after it has been printed to show ownership and give it a "personal touch".
Initials of the typist in lower case letters.
Used when someone other than the author types the letter. Also represents who owns the file, for future reference.
Other Formatting Info
Additional Parts of a Letter
used when additional items are included in the envelope. The word "Enclosure" is typed below the typist initials.
- used when something is clipped or stapled to the letter. The word "Attachment" is typed below the typist initials.
- used when a copy of the letter is sent to someone in addition to the addressee. The letter "c" is typed with the name of the person it is copied to below the typist initials and/or below any other type of notation.
Keyed in Block Style (aligned left, no indention).
12 pt. Arial or Times New Roman
All margins are 1".
Single space each paragraph and double space in between paragraphs.
Spacing in a letter:
All other spaces are DS (double).