Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Prefixes and Suffixes
Transcript of Prefixes and Suffixes
Prefixes and Suffixes
Instructions: For each of the following picture\pictures, use the prefix or suffix to give you a clue to the word that the picture represents! The person\persons who collect the most right words wins!
-ible can be
-ful full of
how something is
state of being or act of
state of or condition of something
having qualities of
the suffix -er means: one who does something...
Here is the picture (clue)
The best guess is...teach-er
(note the -er suffix)
Someone who -teaches
Lets play...and watch out for Miley...she is a double point!
A prefix is a group of letters added before a word or base to alter its meaning and form a new word. In contrast, a suffix is a group of letters added after a word or base.
Prefixes :For Each prefix\or suffix group choose 1 word to add to your vocab set
A prefix is a word part with a specific meaning at the beginning of a word.
A suffix is a word part with a specific meaning at the end of a word.
A root word is the main part of a word that contains its core meaning. Sometimes it is a word on its own,
as in unbelievable (believe is the root word), and sometimes it cannot stand alone, as in relocation (loc is
the root word). In either case, prefixes and suffixes can be added to root words, which might change either
the meaning of the word (reactivate, deactivate) or its grammatical function (transports = present tense,
transported = past tense, transportation = noun). Sometimes spelling changes when suffixes are added to
root words (noise, noisy).
Learning root words, prefixes, and suffixes can help you because:
• If you recognize these word parts, it is easier to figure out what a word you don’t know means.
• They can help you to spell words because you’ll remember patterns.