Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Equilibrium
a system in which the rate of the forward reaction is equal to the rate of the reverse reaction
what does this mean?
products are being formed from reactants at the same speed as reactants are being formed from products.
the ratio of the product of the concentration of the products raised to their coefficients to the product of the concentration of the reactants raise to their coefficients.
3H (g) + N (g)
[H ] [N ]
[H O][CO ]
[H CO ]
H O(g) + CO (g)
H CO (g)
Why is water included?
Le Chatelier's Principle
If a stress is imposed on a system at equilibrium, the system will shift to relieve the stress
What effects the rate of the reaction?
Molarity is a measure of concentration expressed as moles of solute per liter of solution
Equilibrium does not mean nothing is happening. That is a static situation.
Equilibrium is dynamic. There are reactions happening, but nothing is changing overall.