Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
LIT 102A: The Sadness Collector
Transcript of LIT 102A: The Sadness Collector
INTERPRETATION SUMMARY FATHER The sadness collector THE SADNESS COLLECTOR'S The Sadness Collector by: Merlinda Bobis It starts with.. The Sadness Collector rica the big lady comes at night & eats off the sadness in every pot, pan & cutlery. •Grew up in Albay, Philippines
•Her main interest was painting, but at age ten she began writing poetry because ‘painting with words’ was cheaper
•She is also a dancer and visual artist
•She has a Bachelor of Arts (Summa cum Laude) from Aquinas University of Legazpi
•Also, had a Master of Arts in Literature (Meritissimus) from the University of Santo Tomas, Manila
•She completed a Doctorate of Creative Arts at the University of Wollongong
•Currently, she lives in Wollongong - Fish-Hair Woman (novel)
- The Solemn Lantern Maker (novel)
- Banana Heart Summer (novel)
- White Turtle (collection of short stories)
- A Novel-in-Waiting (lecture series)
- Pag-uli, Pag-uwi, Homecoming (trilingual poetry collection)
- Summer Was A fast Train Without Terminals (poetry collection)
- Cantata of the Warrior Woman Daragang Magayon / Kantada ng Babaing Mandirigma Daragang Magayon (bilingual epic poem for performance)
- ang lipad ay awit sa apat na hangin / flight is song on four - winds (bilingual poetry collection)
- Rituals (poetry collection) Works: > Ian Reed Foundation Prize for Radio Drama (1995)
> Awgie for Best Radio Play (1998)
> Pamana Philippine Presidential Award (1998)
> International Prix Italia (1998)
> Steele Rudd Award for the Best Collection of Australian Short Stories (2000)
> Philippine National Book Award (2000)
> NSW Ministry for the Arts Writers’ Fellowship for novel in progress (2000)
> Judges’ Choice Award, Bumbershoot Bookfair, Seattle Arts Festival (2001)
> Gintong Aklat Award (Golden Book Award, Philippines) (2006)
> Gawad Pambansang Alagad ni Balagtas (National Balagtas Award: a lifetime award for author’s poetry and prose in English, Pilipino, Bikol) (2006) AWARDS: THEME DIASPORA DISLOCATION DISPLACEMENT the big lady She's been a "GOOD GIRL" she wonders if the BIG LADY is really there.. Letters & Postcards Big lady saves Rica from sadness Rica saves Big lady from bursting the big lady is sad, like her meals. rica drew her with pretty baubles & make-up, with a paris ribbon and a chic hat flies like a GIANT CLOUD. ANGRY, HUNGRY,
TURNING THE PLACE UPSIDE DOWN. THIS "FEAST" WILL LAST A LIFETIME. Comes home late, drunk every night. tells Rica about the Big Lady. PARIS. His wife becomming
"LEGAL" factory worker. "SHUT-UP!!" 1.)What was the work of the Rica’s Mother?
2.)Where did Rica’s Mother decided to work?
3.)What was the name of the main character in the story that her father told her?
4.)To what did the author compared the term “salty”?
5.)Who is the author of the selection? QUIZ: GAME: S A D N E S S
C O L L E C T O R REFERENCES:
GOOGLE IMAGES Ida Urian &
Zia Mojica 1 OT B :) - FIN. "SALTY" FOOD