Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Electricity
why do we need electricity?
energy transferred per second
workdone per second
Current X Voltage= Power
WE PAY FOR ELECTRICITY IN UNITS
1 UNIT = 1KWH
1 UNIT COSTS 12p
WORK OUT THE COST OF RAISING THE TEMPERATURE BY 1oC
Image by Tom Mooring
draw out the circuit your book
measure the voltage and current
time how long it takes the temperature to rise by 10oC
WHAT WAS THE POWER OF YOUR APPLIANCE?
How much energy did your heater use to raise the temperature by 10 oC?
life without electricity
UNITS= POWER (KW) X TIME (HOURS)