Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Psychological therapies for physios
Transcript of Psychological therapies for physios
Dr Richard Duffy MRCPsych
Special lecturer in Psychiatry
University College Dublin
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Short 8-16 50 min sessions
Looks at the interconnectedness of problems
Seeks to modify them by changing one or two areas
Teach person to be their own therapist
Used for depression, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, chronic pain, chronic fatigue
Can occur in one session
Roll with resistance
Initially developed for substance misuse but now used more widely in psychology