Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of MEASURING TECHNIQUES
1. For the purpose of measuring, ingredients can be divided into two categories:
a. LIQUID b. DRY
2. List 3 dry ingredients:
a. FLOUR b. SUGAR c. BAKING POWDER
3. What types of equipment should be used to measure dry ingredients more than 1/4 cup in volume?
4. What type of equipment should be used to measure dry ingredients less than 1/4 cup in volume?
5. A standard set of measuring cups includes:
(Mark every answer you think is right)
1/4 C. 1/3 C. 1/2 C.
2/3 C. 3/4 C.
6. A standard set of measuring spoons includes:
(Mark every answer you think is right?
1/3 t. 1/2 t.
2/3 t. 3/4 t.
1/2 T. 1/3 T.
7. Dry ingredients are measured in "graduated" measuring cups. What does the word "graduated" mean?
Each cup is gradually
larger than the other
8. Circle the items needed to measure dry ingredients:
a. metal spatula b. dry measuring cup
c. mixing bowl d. large spoon
ALL OF THEM!!!
9. What dry ingredient should be sifted before you measure it?
10. Which dry measuring cups would you need to measure 3/4 cup of sugar?
a. 1/2 C. b. 1/4 C.
11. List 4 foods which should be measured in a dry measuring cup and pressed gently to level off:
a. raisins, dates, figs b. shelled nuts, chocolate chips
c. shredded coconut d. bread crumbs
12. What ingredient should be firmly packed into the cup when measuring?
13. LIST THE STEPS FOR MEASURING
FLOUR AND THE EQUIPMENT NEEDED:
a. Stir flour in container with spoon to loosen Large spoon
b. Lightly spoon flour in measuring cup Dry measuring cup
c. Level off the top with a spatula Spatula
d. Empty flour into mixing bowl Mixing bowl
14. LIST THE STEPS FOR MEASURING A DRY INGREDIENT, LIKE SUGAR, AND THE EQUIPMENT USED:
a. Spoon sugar into measuring cup dry measuring cup
b. Hold over waxed paper waxed paper
c. Level off with spatula spatula
d. Pour into mixing bowl mixing bowl
15. Circle the features that a good liquid measuring cup should have:
a. Is able to hold hot liquid
b. Has extra space at the top of the cup
c. has a pour spout and a handle
d. has markings that are easy to read
ALL OF THEM!!!
List 3 liquid ingredients:
17. DESCRIBE HOW TO MEASURE LIQUIDS:
a. Use a liquid measuring cup
b. Measure the liquid at eye level
c. Set the measuring cup on a
18. List the 4 items you need to measure 1/2 teaspoon vanilla:
a. 1/2 t. measure c. paper towel/sink
b. vanilla d. mixing bowl
Q: Why do we measure over a paper towel or the sink instead of directly over your mixing bowl?
A: So if it spills, it won't get too much into the bowl.
Q: How do we loosen the lid on a vanilla bottle when
it won't turn easily?
A: Put it under hot running water.
19. To make solid shortening easier to remove from the measuring utensil, what should you rinse the container with first?
20. List the steps for measuring shortening and the equipment needed.
a. Pack cup tightly with spoon or spatula
spatula or spoon measuring cup
b. Level off with spatula spatula
c. Remove shortening from cup rubber spatula
d. Put into mixing bowl mixing bowl
21. One stick or cube of butter equals
22. There are
tablespoons in a cup.
23. There are also
ounces in a cup.
24. There are
ounces in a pound (lb.).
25. There are
ounces in a quart.
26. There are
cups in a quart.
27. There are
quarts in a gallon.
28. There are
cups in a gallon.
29. There are
teaspoons in a tablespoon.
30. There are
cups in a pint.
31. There are
pints in a quart.