Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Jaguar
Very good swimmers
jaguars are camouflaged
Turtles have to adapt to their body temp. &
their shells help them survive being eaten by their predators
- Piranhas are successfully good at getting away from predators using their sharp teeth & they are good at catching their food
Anacondas use constriction and their massive bodies to kill their prey
Spider monkeys are very flexible because they have to swing in the tree and they're very strong
Snails have long antennae for feeling and touching, and they have sticky gum/slime for climbing
Golden lion tamarin monkey
Poison dart frog
Poison dart frog-
Gray mouse lemur-
Bird, mammals, and even fish eat the fruits that fall from the trees.When animals eat the fruit, it helps the tree because, the seeds from the fruit are taken by the animals, and scattered through different parts of the rain forest. Then the seeds grow into trees throughout different parts of the rain forest.
Capuchin monkeys lap nectar from flowers in trees as part of their varied diet. In the process they get pollen on their faces and pollinate the flowers. Which helps the flowers grow.
Antbirds travel with army ants, eating the small vertebrates and insects which are flushed out by the advancing army. The ants still get plenty to eat and the birds never eat the army ants themselves, but the birds do no good for the ants, either.
Flower mites which feed on pollen hitchhike from one flower to a fresher one by climbing into the nasal passages of hummingbirds and disembarking when carried to a better flower.
Ants have symbiotic relationships with countless rainforest species including plants, fungi, and other insects. One symbiotic relationship exists between ants and caterpillars. Certain caterpillar species produce sweet chemicals from "dew patches" on their backs, upon which a certain ant species will feed. In return, the ants vigorously protect the caterpillar and have even been observed carrying the caterpillar to the nest at night for safety. This relationship appears to be species specific in that only one caterpillar species will cater to a particular ant species.
The flower of the largest water lily in the Amazon opens at night with a bright white color. This attracts beetles, who crawl around in the flower lapping the nectar it produces. At dawn the flower closes, imprisoning the beetles. This ensures that they will be well-coated with pollen when they are released the following night. To prevent the beetle from pollinating the same flower, the flower changes to a beautiful pink, which does not tempt the beetle to return.
The leaf cutter ant parasitic fly lays its eggs only on the backs of leaf-cutter ants targeting porters who are carrying leaves. The larvae burrow into the ant's body after hatching and feed on it, killing it.
Poachers hunt the jaugur, because the fur is worth thousands of dollars
Loss of habitat, pollution,
infectious disease, and smuggling
They are disappearing
due to ever-expanding logging, agriculture, and unfortunately the monkeys go with them
- Male jaguars weigh about 120 pounds, but some can weigh as much as 300 pounds. Jaguars eat armadillos, peccaries, capybara, tapir, deer, squirrels, birds and even snails. Jaguars are adept at snatching fish, turtles and young caiman from the water. They are even able to hunt monkeys and other tree-dwellers who occasionally wander to lower branches. they can live up to 11 - Yrs (Wild), 20- yrs (captivity).Typically females are 20% smaller than males and they generally vary in size according to their distribution. Jaguars have short stocky limbs which enables it to be adept at climbing, swimming and crouching. They also have a strong head and an extremely powerful jaw.
Extra facts about the animals
Golden lion monkey
- Golden lion tamarins weigh up to 500 to 600 grams. Golden lion tamarins are omnivorous, feeding on fruits, insects, and small lizards. Golden lions search bark, bromeliads, and other hiding places for their prey. Mothers have been known to attack their older daughters, resulting in the death of one or more animals if they are not separated. Males will sometimes fight. Life expectancy (in captivity) about 8 years for animals that survive past the infant stage—40 percent of infants die before 1 year.
Male orangutans are about 4.5 feet and females are about 3.5 feet tall.
Why animals are endangered
The amazon rainforest has tropical storms, and hurricanes, floods and mudslides
People that live in the amazon
most of them don't go to school
They get their medicines from the rainforest
poison dart frog
two toed sloth
emerald tree boa
About 1,000 orangutans are killed each year
The gray mouse lemur is sometimes captured for pet trade
ecuadorian rainforest flower
These plants are endangered mostly because of deforestation
Any natural resource that can be replenished naturally with the passage of time
Passiflora long filamentosa
Gray mouse lemur
Most rainforest plants have adapted by using secondary metabolites, such like caffeine, nicotine, alkaloids, cocaine, and morphine.
How the amazon was created
Some of the amazon rainforest was man-made, but most of the rainforest was made by the floods and rain. The rainforest is also very humid sometimes, and that helped make the rainforest too. The mudslides were apart of it too.
Don't cut down trees from the amazon rainforest because it ruins the animals habitats and will decrease the amount of animals in the world. Mine in another place because the Amazon needs to be protected because of all the fruit and Vegetables that come from this rainforests.
The cicadas adults lay their eggs in the tree, then when they hatch, the cicadas nymph drops to the ground and burrows to the roots of the tree and eats the sap out of the tree.