Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Smart Home Energy Management System
Transcript of Smart Home Energy Management System
Avg. 4 hours per day Eight 50 watt lights
Avg. 3 hours per day Safety lights left on 5 hours over night 730 KWh / year which is 34.63% of total electricity consumed by lights. 42.63% of total power usage in standby Solutions 8.4$ per year while the 95% dimmed ones
basement and TV room save $39.42 and $29.57 respectively assuming no labor cost starts from $20 Electricity Consumption Distributed - $39.99 at Home Depot
- Saving us 746.46 kwh/year
- $67 at mid-peak price Motion Detector Dimmer Switch Installation 42.63% is standby Additional Recommendations Full home automation systems Continuous Monitoring Color Coding Energy Aware Accessibility and Comfort Open Source Introduction Problem Objective What is Home Automation Case study household
Particular appliances and electronics Find energy leaks Solutions via home automation
Accessible and DIY
Low cost Location Smart Management Real time Energy Monitoring Communication Medium RF - longer range Yonge & Sheppard WNS Conclusion Cost Annual Saving Future Works 1. Installing a dimmer switch in kitchen and setting it to 70%. This will save $8.4/year.
2. Installing a dimmer switch in basement and setting it to 10%. This will save $39.42/year.
3. Installing a dimmer switch in TV room and setting it to 10%. This will save $29.57/year.
4. Installing a motion detector the main stairways to avoid leaving night lights on. This will save $65/year. $90 $142.42