Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Congo Rainforest
Transcript of The Congo Rainforest
•Lots of rain, high average temperature.
•Found in places such as Central Africa, Asia, Northern Australia, Indonesia etc.
•There are 4 layers in a rainforest
•Roots underground are overcrowded THE CONGO RAINFOREST •It's Located in Congo in Central Africa.
• It is the second biggest rainforest in the world
•The latitude and longitude are: 6.0792° S, 12.4500° E
•The Congo rainforest is 1,800,000 km2 THE PEOPLE OF THE CONGO •Their huts resemble igloos
•They hunt for meat and food
•Endangered cause of deforesting
•There are between 250,000 and 600,000 Pygmies living in the Congo rainforest
•Thousands of refugees retreated to the Congo rainforest after the recent civil war
•They are nomadic. ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES Deforestaion:
•Central Africa lost about 91,000km2 to deforestation in 10 years
•Loss of wood for forest industry, climate change
•It's estimated that in 2030, 30% of African rainforests will be gone.
•Local government imposed ban on allocation logging concessions in 2002
• Government set up Protected Reserves
•In 2005, the government got granted $90, million dollars from the world bank Bibliography:
*http://rainforests.mongabay.com/congo/conservation.html That concludes my presontation.
Thanks for listening :)