Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Renaissance Clock Invention
Transcript of Renaissance Clock Invention
By the year 1335, a public clock had appeared in the city of Milan -The first portable clock was invented by Filipo
-He invented this in 1410 in Florence Italy.
- Filipo took the mechanics of the tower clock and made it into something much smaller and more covenient.
-Filipo was born in the year 1377 in Florence, Italy and died April 15th, 1446.
-He was part of a famous family during the Renaissance called the Medici family.
- Beside an Inventor, Filipo was an architect, engineer, mathematician, sculptor, painter and he oftens designed ships.
- he also designed many buildings in Florence that still stand today
-The first pendulum discovered by an Italian Scientist named Galileo Galilei
-Other inventors used this to help the motion of the clock. - The invention of the clock affected people positively.
- They could tell the time and organize their lives better.
- They also can know when people were to perform their religious duties to God Galileo Gailei -Galileo was born in the year 1564 in Florence, Italy and died January 8th, 1642.
-Galileo has been called the "Father of Modern Observational Astronomy, the "Father of Modern Physics", the "Father of Science" and the "Father of Modern Science"
- He's a great Astronomer, mathematician, philosopher and he also invented the telescope.
How does this affect us today? - I think the clock is the most important invention during the Renaissance because it help us organize our lives.
- It's also shown to us in many different ways, for exaple: alarm clock, a watch..
- If we didn't have clocks to tell time, then we wouldn't get to do our jobs on time or rest/sleep well. So that's why it's the greatest Renaissance invention.