Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Renaissance Clock Invention
Transcript of Renaissance Clock Invention
By the year 1335, a public clock had appeared in the city of Milan -The first portable clock was invented by Filipo
-He invented this in 1410 in Florence Italy.
- Filipo took the mechanics of the tower clock and made it into something much smaller and more covenient.
-Filipo was born in the year 1377 in Florence, Italy and died April 15th, 1446.
-He was part of a famous family during the Renaissance called the Medici family.
- Beside an Inventor, Filipo was an architect, engineer, mathematician, sculptor, painter and he oftens designed ships.
- he also designed many buildings in Florence that still stand today
-The first pendulum discovered by an Italian Scientist named Galileo Galilei
-Other inventors used this to help the motion of the clock. - The invention of the clock affected people positively.
- They could tell the time and organize their lives better.
- They also can know when people were to perform their religious duties to God Galileo Gailei -Galileo was born in the year 1564 in Florence, Italy and died January 8th, 1642.
-Galileo has been called the "Father of Modern Observational Astronomy, the "Father of Modern Physics", the "Father of Science" and the "Father of Modern Science"
- He's a great Astronomer, mathematician, philosopher and he also invented the telescope.
How does this affect us today? - I think the clock is the most important invention during the Renaissance because it help us organize our lives.
- It's also shown to us in many different ways, for exaple: alarm clock, a watch..
- If we didn't have clocks to tell time, then we wouldn't get to do our jobs on time or rest/sleep well. So that's why it's the greatest Renaissance invention.