Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Conductors and insulators
Transcript of Conductors and insulators
2. Conductors- material that lets electric current pass through it.
3. Insulators- material that blocks the flow of electric current Conductors 1. The word conduct means "to carry".
2. -Or means "quality" or "condition".
3. So, a conductor is something that has the quality of being able to carry electricity. Good Conductors Ex. metals
-Why isn't silver used more often? Insulators 1. Negative charges do not move through them easily.
2. They are used for safety reasons.
- rubber or plastic protect people from touching the conductor. Insulators Ex. Nonmetals
- Foam Conductors vs. Insulators - Conductors allow negative charges to move freely while insulators do not. Resistors 1. Resistors- material that helps control the current flowing through a circuit.
2. They are used to control the energy that pushes negative charges around so it doesn't overpower the circuit.
Ex. TVs, blow dryers
Ex. Carbon- poor conductor