Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Conductors and insulators
Transcript of Conductors and insulators
2. Conductors- material that lets electric current pass through it.
3. Insulators- material that blocks the flow of electric current Conductors 1. The word conduct means "to carry".
2. -Or means "quality" or "condition".
3. So, a conductor is something that has the quality of being able to carry electricity. Good Conductors Ex. metals
-Why isn't silver used more often? Insulators 1. Negative charges do not move through them easily.
2. They are used for safety reasons.
- rubber or plastic protect people from touching the conductor. Insulators Ex. Nonmetals
- Foam Conductors vs. Insulators - Conductors allow negative charges to move freely while insulators do not. Resistors 1. Resistors- material that helps control the current flowing through a circuit.
2. They are used to control the energy that pushes negative charges around so it doesn't overpower the circuit.
Ex. TVs, blow dryers
Ex. Carbon- poor conductor