Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Computer Timeline
Ana Sánchez Amores
Ana Sánchez Muñoz Nowadays computer's programs do exactly what they are supposed to do, but in the future the could be able to:
- Assume that there is no right answer, in any case there is the best answer
- Solve any type of problem
- Make questions
- Learn Steve Jobs Conclusion Present Nowadays we have a huge range of computers, which use different operating systems (O.S);
Collection of software
Control computer hardware resources
Provides services for programs. Technology Future Laptops Past Binary arithmetic is used at the core of computer systems. The latest crop of tablets are far away from new and revolutionary, this invention is due over two centuries of research and development.
Starting with Elisha Gray, whose 1888 "Telautograph" is believed to be the ancestor of the modern tablet. Computer History of computers: 1600s - invention of mechanical adding machine and slide rules;
System of movable rods based on logarithms used to perform basic mathematical calculations. Technology has been evolving since its first apparition, it has enabled the human community to perform different tasks and make them simpler.
It is used in many aspects of our daily lives, such as: First generation computers used vacuum tubes. 1960s - Transistor based computers, replaced vacuum tubes. This marked the 2nd generation of computers. Education Health Leisure Work Transports Home tasks General Electric Corporation delivered its ERMA computing system to the Bank of America in California (1959) The first complete concept of a tablet computer was the DynaBook, developed by Alan Kay in the late 1960s and early 1970s in his article "A Personal Computer for Children of All Ages Wanted a future we could be able to:
-Modify our way of working and have relationships It finally become a way of communication The short-lived computer company was never successful. Person capable of performing numerical calculations with the help of a mechanical computing device. Abacus 2400 BC Pingala Binary Number system Formed the core of computing systems. 60 AD Heron of Alexandria invented machine that could follow rules. Invention of a mechanical adding machine (1642).
ABACUS, an early computing tool. The binary numeral system is the one which uses binary numbers, and it is used in different sciences and arithmetic.
It is also named base-2 numeral system, because it uses two symbols: 0 and 1. Slide rules by William Oughtred Significant events in the evolution of computers Logarithm by John Napier Expensive These computers were Huge Used machine language for computing Could only solve one problem at a time Transistors made computers Smaller Cheaper Energy-efficient Transistors made the computer overheat Could damage the computer Computers of this generation used punched cards for input. They used assembly language. Stanford Research Institute Brought out ERMA (Electronic Recording Machine Accounting Project) Able to deal with automation of the process of bookkeeping in banking Laptop Portable computer Osborne 1
(1981) First laptop Adam Osborne Founded Osborne Computer Weighed 11kg (aprox.) Costed 1,370€ (aprox.) Had a 12.7cm screen Battery pack Modem port Collection of bundled software programs Left Apple when he was thirty - he decided to continue with his formation and career. Their devices
Similar to a digital personal assistant.
Apple developed a digital music shop “iTunes Store”
“iPods”, computers iMac, and tablets iPad. He returned to the company just when they found them in a fall situation. He became the director of Apple. Began to dream with laptops that were as small as books. -A way of checking our emails wherever we are. -could perform many calculations simultaneously
-would be much smaller
-use bits instead of qubits Quantum Computers: A qubit is a bit which is in a superposition of states This starts with Perer Shor's discovery, but they had some problems that weren´t solve until now. TM (2011). How humans learn, navigate and use technology. [online] Retrieved from: http://www.tamasmakany.com/ [Accessed: 11 Mar 2013]. Inventors.about.com (1936). The History of Computers - Computer History Timeline. [online] Retrieved from: http://inventors.about.com/library/blcoindex.htm [Accessed: 11 Mar 2013]. Webopedia (2002). The Five Generations of Computers. [online] Retrieved from: http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Hardware_Software/2002/FiveGenerations.asp [Accessed: 11 Mar 2013]. Historyofinformation.com (2013). The Telautograph (July 31, 1888) : From Cave Paintings to the Internet. [online] Retrieved from: http://www.historyofinformation.com/expanded.php?id=3270 [Accessed: 11 Mar 2013]. NeoTeo (2013). Dynabook: Un iPad en 1968 (vídeo). [online] Retrieved from: http://www.neoteo.com/dynabook-un-ipad-en-1968-video [Accessed: 11 Mar 2013]. all about Steve Jobs.com (2013). all about Steve Jobs.com. [online] Retrieved from: http://allaboutstevejobs.com/persona/persona.php [Accessed: 11 Mar 2013]. Cbtplanet.com (2012). The Future of Computers. [online] Retrieved from: http://www.cbtplanet.com/articles-tutorials/the-future-of-computers.htm [Accessed: 11 Mar 2013]. Bonsor, K. (1947). HowStuffWorks "How Quantum Computers Work". [online] Retrieved from: http://www.howstuffworks.com/quantum-computer.htm [Accessed: 11 Mar 2013]. Sciencedaily.com (2013). ScienceDaily: Quantum Computer News. [online] Retrieved from: http://www.sciencedaily.com/news/computers_math/quantum_computers/ [Accessed: 11 Mar 2013]. "Just as you can often guess a word when a few missing letters, or you can get the gist of a conversation on a bad phone line connected, we use this idea in our design for a quantum computer'' Require an O.S to function Android
Mac OS X
Microsoft Windows } Most common Advantages Disadvantages
4. Computers are user-friendly. We can watch videos and listen to the music having only PC. 1. Computers saves storage place. Imagine how much paper would have to be used, how many trees would have to be cut just to store information which is today on hard disks. Data stored on just one CD in paper form would use room of dozens square meters and would weight thousands of kilos. Nowadays techniques of converting data from paper to digital form has also developed. 2. Computers can calculate and process information faster and more accurate than human. Sometimes there is false information in newspapers that due to the computer's mistake something has failed. But it's not truth because machines cannot make mistakes by it's own. 3. Computers improve our lives. They are very useful in office work, we can write text such as reports and analysis. Compared with old typewriters when using computers we don't have to worry about making mistakes in typewriting because special programs helps as to avoid them and we can change them any time. 1. Computers are dangerous to our health. The monitors used to be dangerous for our eyesight. Nowadays due to technological development they are very safe. But there are other threats to our health than damaging our sight. 2. Computers sometimes break down. The biggest problem is when our hard disk breaks down because of the data stored on it. Other hardware is easily replaceable. But there are many ways of avoiding consequences of loosing our data, for example by saving it on CDs. 3. Violence and sex. The main threat to younger users of computers are internet pornography and bloody games. 4. The other threat is that you can be a computer addict. If you spend most of your free time using computer you should go to see a psychologist.