Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
An Intro to Slam Poetry:
Transcript of An Intro to Slam Poetry:
Let your voice be heard!
Your Poetry Should...
1. Make a point.
2. Be precise, clear, and original.
3. Use poetic devices (imagery, figurative language, rhythm, rhyme, repetition)
1. Express your thoughts about what matters to you.
2. Must be school-appropriate.
3. Have fun!!!
What is Slam Poetry?
Poems are written to be spoken. Slam poetry is when the poem is performed using the voice and body to bring the poem to life. In a poetry slam, poets compete by reading and reciting original work that is later judged by the audience.
So... Let's Get Started!
We will create poetry, then transform our classroom into a poetry cafe. Read on to find out just what we have in store.
View the video clips. Take notes on each of the following areas:
-tone/use of voice
-Tone/ Use of Voice?