Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Standards and Assessments
Transcript of Standards and Assessments
Purpose of Assessment
Ultimate reason for assessment is to help students learn.
Types of Assessment Measures
What is Assessment?
Implies many things in education: evaluation grades, tests, performances, reflection, criteria, rubrics, and more
The act of sitting next to oneself and critiquing what has been learned and what is observed
Connects to standards - what students should know, be able to do, and used to evaluate teachers and principals
Assessments FOR and OF Learning
Assessments for learning are both summative and formative assessments
ex. student essays, projects, and portfolios
determine how deeply the students understand the content
Assessments of learning are summative assessments
ex. standardized tests
determines who moves forward
learning logs and journals
folios and portfolios
student products and projects