Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Mass Media A Gift, Blessing, or Curse
Transcript of Mass Media A Gift, Blessing, or Curse
A 2011 review said that "company pledges to reduce food marketing of unhealthy products have failed"
Additionally in 2010 studies have shown that 15 of 3039 meal combos met criteria for teens.
Mass Media A Gift, A Blessing, or A Curse
What is Mass media?
Mass media defined.
Mass media is media that is intended for a large audience.
It sometimes takes the form of broadcast media, as in the case of television and radio, or print media, like newspapers and magazines.
Forms of media
How does false advertisement of food effect teens?
Facts on Junk Food marketing and teens
- Teens watch an average of over ten-food related ads every day
- Nearly all (98 Percent) of food ads are for products that are high in fat, sugar , or sodium
Who is the cause of this false advertisement?
Those 5 companies own 95% of all the media.
which makes the media industry a living example of a monopoly.
The Food and Beverage Industry
- Easy to find
- Very tasty
* Vegetables used by these companies are genetically modified
* some of thse ingredients are sometimes used to make dog food
theory argues that the success of social movements depends on resources (time, money, skills, etc.)
refers to any significant alteration over time in behavior patterns and cultural values and norms.
Equlibrum model refers to the functionalist view that spciety tends to move toward a state of stability or balance
cultural lag aperiod pf mal ajustmen of non material culture having difuculty adapting to material cultue.
Technology is cultural information about how to use recources of the enviroment to satisfy human need and desire.