Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
"THE LEAP" BY: LOUISE ERDRICH
Transcript of "THE LEAP" BY: LOUISE ERDRICH
When the narrator's mother swings into the room to save her from the fire.
The story takes place in New Hampshire.
The narrator's mother is a former trapeze actor. She has cataracts but still is able to go through the house due to her training of trapeze before. she survives a near death experience during trapeze act so afterwords she decides not to do it anymore but yet she uses her skills to save her daughter from a blazing fire
Explains that her mother is now old and has cataracts and used to be a trapeze actor.
the narrator and her mother jumps landing on the fire fighters targeting net.
She finally realizes what her mom means when she says " as you fall there is a time to think"
The last words of the story are: " i felt the brush of her lips and heard the beat of her heart in my ears, loud as thunder, long as the roll of drums.
Lightning strikes the main pole causing Harry and Anna's hands not to meet