Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Positively Reading: Tutor/Mentor Training Version
Transcript of Positively Reading: Tutor/Mentor Training Version
Step 1: Get Pumped Up!!!
Step 2: Imagine YOU are the professor.
Step 3: Read one passage.
Remember, you are the professor.
Step 4: Think of one question.
Step 5: Highlight the answer.
Step 6: think of another question (If needed).
Step 7: Highlight the next answer.
Step 8: No more questions? Read the next passage.
Repeat until you finish the text.
Tell me the steps--Step 1-8.
Step 9: List 3 main points from the text in own words
Step 10: Organize your Notes:
Make a Graphic Organizer.
e.g. a concept map.
10 Steps with Jared
Reading the Smart Way
What the research says:
“Good instruction for students in general tends to be good instruction for ELLs in particular”
(from: Teaching English Language Learners: What the Research Does—And Does Not Say by C. Goldenberg (2008)
Is Great to do
For ELL Students
Great Concept Mapping Program!