Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
6 Major Nutrients
Transcript of 6 Major Nutrients
Cristian Dominguez-6 * Carbohydrates
* Water CARBOHYDRATES * Major source of human energy
* Used to make glucose for energy Examples:
Fruits & Vegetables FATS * Fats are a source of energy but at a higher price
* There are also dietary fats, fats that are digested and look the same as when you eat them Examples:
Donuts Proteins * Basic components of all body cells
* Proteins repair muscle tissue Examples:
Fish Vitamins * Fat soluble vitamins are dissolved in fat, and can be stored in the body.
* Water soluble vitamins are vitamins that dissolve in water and are excreted in the urine Examples Fat Soluble:
Examples Water Solubles:
Vitamin B-dark-green veggies
Vitamin C-tomatoes Minerals * Minerals are nutrients that the body needs to grow and develop normally Examples:
Zinc-chicken,beef WATER * Water keeps body temperature normal, lubricates and cushions joints and protects your spinal chord and other sensitive tissues Examples: