Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Soap Shish
" When I wash my hands,
it takes time from my playtime.
And since I wash my hands alone,
I feel like it is a boring activity."
A culture of hand washing does not really exist.
Only 7% of kids wash their hands.
-2007 study by Water and Sanitation Program
prevents disease-causing pathogens
reduces the transmission of
diarrhoeal disease by over 40 percent!
Usage in Schools
- Left and right
Up and down
- Hand washing duration
Gets always dirty mama
Gets always dirty
Move it up move it down
Left and right all clean
Pour me the water mama
My hand is squishy
Move it in move it out
Gets always all clean
- Protecting from rain
- Avoiding waste
Soap Shish Activity
Introduction of Primary User Test
- Hygiene Behaviour Change
7% of percent of kids ---> 80-90%
- Decrease in Medical Expenses and Child Deaths
by decreasing the transmission of many diseases.
Why Soap Shish?
- Durable in school environment
- Attractive to children
- Avoiding soap from being wasted
- Modular structure
Importance of Soap Usage
Hygiene as a behaviour
Soap usage in schools
3rd grade 10 year-old 31 students
making a thaumatrope
front part: draw what you are scared of
rear part: draw your hands
-various shapes and scents of soap
-sound or music during the usage
-to make their own soap
- Fun and attractive
- Creates a hygienic habit
- Prevents soap theft
Soap gets melt, lost and stolen
INDEX: Design Challenge 2010