Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Nelson Rivera
design by Dóri Sirály for Prezi
James, the Duke of York, gained control of New Netherland. The name of the colony was changed in honor of him when it founded.It was founded in the year 1664
"England drove the Dutch out of New Netherlands because they thought they were a threat, the Duke of York owned it and called it New York." ~ newyorkcolonyhistory.blogspot.com
FOUNDING OF N.Y
The area was very important in the trade industry between Europe and the New World
What type of economy does it have$$$
Reason For Founding
The original name of New York was New amsterdam Until the Dutch bought it from the Native Americans inhabiting the land.
Colony History Brief
The native people at the time still lived there until they sold this land to the Dutch.
Who lived there?
"New Amsterdam" was very important in the business of trading fur between lands.
Who founded New Amsterdam
The person who purchased New Amsterdam was named Peter Minuit.He purchased the land from the natives inhabiting it in 1626
jews French reformed, catholics and many more