Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CAF 2012 - Role of Technology in Assessment and Instruction
Transcript of CAF 2012 - Role of Technology in Assessment and Instruction
The Role of Technology in Assessment and Instruction
The use of digital / electronic devices to assess student understanding in either a formative or summative manner.
The assessment might be installed locally on a device and have no need to go online.
The assessment might be a project that is created with computers but not online-focused
Do Smart Phones and Tablets count as computers?
More than computers might be involved - e.g. "clickers" to poll students.
Access to devices
Expanded Testing Window
long term investment
Faster collection and grading
Storage, Sharing and Communication
Comparison and Analysis
specific and corrective
motivational and supportive
Lesson / Curriculum reform
Flip the classroom
Improved Digital Literacy and 21st Century Skills
clickers, quizzes, drills / games,
discussion prompts / exit slips - blogs, forums,
long form tests -
digital movies, ebooks, tutorials, websites, apps, reports, in depth analysis, solutions IRL