Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Ancient Greek Culture and Religion
Transcript of Ancient Greek Culture and Religion
Section II. Philosophy
1. Philosophers believed that people could use the mind and reason to understand natural events. The were careful observers and good thinkers.
Click here to find out more about him and add information to your notes http://www.historyforkids.net/greek-philosophy.html
b. Plato – a student of Socrates
c. Aristotle – a student of Plato. Tutored Alexander the Great.
2. Architecture -
What is an acropolis?
What is the Parthenon?
Click here to find out more about these terms and define them in your notes
Section I. Visual & Dramatic Arts
1. The Ancient Greeks devoted great attention to their arts and culture. They are famous for:
Title: Greek Culture and Religion
5. Myths –
Google search "myth" and find out what they are, what purpose they had, etc.
1. Major gods and goddesses called the 12 Olympians. Said to live on top of Mt. Olympus.
2. Greeks honored the gods to receive rewards and tried to avoid angering the gods for fear of punishment.
3. Greeks built temples to worship the gods in.
4. Gods were immortal and could live forever.
Section III. Ancient Greek Religious Beliefs
Athenians were the first people to write plays between 600 and 400 B.C. This period was called Athens’ Golden Age.
Click here to find out more about Greek plays to add to your notes
Use this presentation to take notes on the culture and religion of Ancient Greece
a. What were theaters like in ancient Greece?
b. Who were allowed to act in plays?
c. Define comedy.
d. Define tragedy.