Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS
Transcript of THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS
TABLE OF CONTENT
I. REASON WE CHOOSE THIS MOVIE
II. BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE MOVIE
III. WHAT WE LEARN FROM THIS MOVIE
REASON WE CHOOSE THIS MOVIE
1. This movie based on the truth story
2. High with the moral value
3. Support moral from his son
4. Inspiring and touching movie
THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS
NURDINI M. IDRIS
PUAN CHE FARIDAH CHE MAHMOOD
8 DECEMBER 2013
WHAT IT IS ABOUT
1. Will smith - plays the part of Christopher Gardner, a man who has to fight with the life to get ahead
2. Jaden Smith - He is real Will's son in real life, play the parts as little child to take care called Christopher Gardner Jr.
3. Thandie Newton- as wife Linda Gardner of Christopher Gardner, that left her husband because of his failure
Based on a true story of a success multi-millionaire named Christopher Gardner.
The movie is about Christopher Gardner struggle, which is not easy in pursuing his happiness from nobody to somebody.
The issue of racism (black and white) is minor in the movie. Most of white people treat Chris appropriately.
He's smart and diligent but unable to catch a break and falling further and further behind in his responsibilities to everything except his young son (Jaden Smith) whom he would promised to always be around for, no matter the circumstances.
WHAT WE LEARN FROM MOVIE
5. It's okay if people don't believe in your dream as long as you believe in yourself.
-What matters most isn't what they believe about you but what you believe about you. He believed in himself and won the internship position and went on to become a successful stoke broker even starting his own brokerage company . Believe in yourself even when others don't believe in you.
The Pursuit of Happiness, set in 1981, is inspired by the real life story of underdog Chris Gardner, who rose from being homeless to become a stock market tycoon.
REASON WHY HAPPYNESS SPELL WITH Y, NOT I?
this is the answer...
"The word "happiness" in the title is deliberately misspelled, just as it was on the wall of a day care center where Gardner once sought care for his young son, Chris Jr., during some of his worst days." Chris even points out the misspelling to the Chinese care-giver that the mural decorating his son's daycare is spelled incorrectly. Chris wanted to make sure that his son was taught things the correct way, so that he could grow up to be an educated man and make something great of himself. Chris "took offense" to the fact that the world happiness was spelled wrong on the wall and became irritated by it. But the word comes to signify Chris' own pursuit of happiness.
7. No obstacle will stop you from achieving success
- In this movie, what we have learn how Chris Gardner facing an hardness situation to achieve his goals become an successful person. Any obstacle that comes your way is accepted and fought off with a creative solution.
4. Sometimes we have to take a step back to take a step forward. Sometimes you need to take that step backward, If what you are presently doing isn't yielding the results you want then you might have to take a step back. You might have to change careers and go back to school, you might have to learn a new trade and start as a trainee.
3. You can achieve anything you set your mind to; even when your circumstances are working against you. But more importantly, you don’t have to compromise your morals to do it.
Chris Gardner, was just an unhappy salesman as he really worked hard to be able to sell a single scanner to finance his daily needs.
This influenced the financial conditions of his family and and caused the relationship between him and his wife to be worse.
Chris faced problem when he could not pay the day care fee, apartment rent, the taxes, and the parking on time.
Chris had a conflict when his wife Linda decided to leave him and moved to New York while Chris must decided whether he took the unpaid internship offer or not,
When his account was blocked. This made Chris broke and homeless and then brought him to the most miserable moment in his life
He passed the training program and was accepted to start a his career as astock broker in Dean Witter. This is the end of the pursuit, that is happiness
2. The road to happiness is full of setbacks.
-various setbacks the character will smith played in the movie went through before he finally made it. He lost his car, his wife left him, he became homeless, he was broke, his business didn't really work out, he had to look after his son himself, I Mean the setbacks were endless.
1. You can't let people discourage you from your dreams just because they have be unsuccessful themselves.
WHY IT HAPPEN
WHEN IT HAPPEN
6. It's never too late to start something new.
- Not looking at yourself today and thinking to yourself "I'm too old to start that" or "I'm too young to start that" age ain't nothing but a number. What matters is your drive and willingness to succeed not your age.
HOW IT HAPPEN
This is true story This story happened in 1981, at San Francisco, when is a smart salesman and family man Chris Gardner invested the family savings in Ostelo National bone-density scanners an apparatus twice more expensive than x-ray with practically the same resolution. Chris Gardner getting into troubles when his wife leaves him and moves to New York. Without money and wife, but totally committed with his son Christopher, Chris sees the chance to fight for a stockbroker internship position at Dean Witter for the six months training period without any salary with other twenty candidates.
WHERE IT HAPPEN
1. United Methodist Church ( 2011).
Movie Review : The Pursuit
. Retrieved on December 5, 2013, from http://www.umc.org/site/c.lwL4KnN1LtH/b.2341837/k.1834/Movie_Review_iThe_Pursuit_of_Happynessi.htm#.UqCDJOJcGSw
2. The Daily Minder, (2008).
6 Movie you must see to learn About
Retrieved on December 5, 2013 from http://www.thedailymind.com/happiness/6-movies-you-must-see-to-learn-about-a-better-workplace/
3. Stema Gali, (2009).
Learning from Pursuit of
. Retrieved on December 5, 2013 from http://setemagali.com/2009/09/08/learning-from-the-pursuit-of-happyness/
4. AlAzhar, (2006).
Synopsis for The Pursuit of Happyness
. Retrieved on
December 5, 2013 from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0454921/synopsis?ref_=ttpl_pl_syn
The hard work shown by Chris Gardner symbolizes the American Dream.It is the spirit of the Americans who want to “realize their success, fame, and wealth through thrift and hard work”, not by ways of "getting rich quick”such as winning lotteries or joining a television game shows
Gardner has invested heavily in a device known as a "Bone Density scanner". He feels like he has made these devices.
They do not sell as they are marginally better than the current technology at a much higher price.
His wife leaves him, he loses his house, his bank account, and credit cards.
Forced to live out in the streets with his son. He takes on a job as a stockbroker, but before he can receive pay, he needs to go through 6 months of training.