Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Active Listening
2. Which tip do you think is the most helpful? Explain why.
3. Which tip do you think is the least helpful? Explain why.
4. Think of two tips of your own to add to the list. Why do you think they are important to add? One barrier to communication is when the speaker doesn't send a clear message and the receiver of the message doesn't understand. Watch the following video. Pay attention to what is getting in the way of communicating. Also pay attention to what they are doing well. We know the listener has a lot of work to do when communicating, but what about the person speaking? Journal: What were the barriers to communication in the video? How could they have solved the misscommunication? Did you enjoy the video or not? We have looked at the ways we verbally communicate and listen. Active listening and effective speaking involve things that are non-verbal as well. The following video will talk about 8 ways we communicate without speaking. Please fill in the handout as you watch the video. Journal: What ways do we communicate without speaking? Which do you think is the hardest pay attention to? Which do you think is the easiest? Which do you think is the most powerful? Which do you think is the weakest? What other ways can we communicate without speaking? We've talked a lot about active listening the last couple of days. Tomorrow you will have a quiz to check your understanding. Today we will be having a little fun and playing a game that relates to active listening. Afterwords we will have journal and review for the quiz. Lets Play!!!! How did the games we play relate to active listening? What skills did you need to use to win? What could you have done better in the future? What made the game hard or easy?
Finally, include a couple of sentences on what you have learned so far in the active listening unit. Journal