Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
An Episode of War
Transcript of An Episode of War
shot in the arm by a stray bullet. Rising Action The lieutenant stood staring into the woods
the other soldiers stood by him. The silence
was broken by the sound of a horse-drawn
artillery headed off to battle. Climax The artillery headed of to battle, crashing past
the lieutenant, bringing him to a pause, following the artillery came a group of men headed away from the field hospital. These men gave the lieutenant directions and carried on, promptly leaving the battle. Falling Action The lieutenant made his way to the field hospital,
there he found a large grouping of men, talking and
aiding to fellow soldiers in need. A man quickly came to him, the lieutenant stood there helpless as the man poorly bandaged his arm. Resolution A surgeon quickly rushed to him, seeing the poorly bandaged wound. He assured the lieutenant his arm would not need amputation, however he lied. The lieutenant returned to his family, where they mourned over the loss of his arm. Conflicts
- Lieutenant is shot in the arm ( Man vs
- Lieutenant has his arm amputated by a doctor who promises not to. (Man vs Man) Narrative Point of View (Omniscient) The story is told through the perspective of a narrator, as they follow the lieutenant's actions. Character List The Lieutenant - Intelligent and Quiet (Protagonist)
The Surgeon - Impatient, but friendly (Antagonist)
Theme The theme of "An Episode of War" is war itself,
and how war doesn't discern between soldiers and innocent people. ( A man was shot while dividing coffee rations, rather then because he was fighting.) Setting The story takes place during the Civil War. Thronging Flock or be present in great numbers. Tone The feeling conveyed by "An Episode of War" was depressing, and solemn as most of the story entailed blank, emotionless starring.