Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MUET PAPER 2 - SPEAKING
Transcript of MUET PAPER 2 - SPEAKING
30 Minutes - Task A (Individual presentation)
- Task B (Group Interaction)
ACCURACCY - Using grammatically correct language
- Using correct pronunciation, stress and intonation
FLUENCY - Speaking with confidence and fluency
APPROPRIACY - Using language appropriate for the intended purpose and audience
- Using varied vocabulary and expressions
- Using varied sentence structures
- Observing conventions appropriate to a specific situation
AND COHESION - Developing and organizing ideas
- Using appropriate markers and linking devices
- Using anaphora appropriately together with other cohesive devices
FUNCTION - Defining, describing and explaining
- Comparing and contrasting
- Giving reasons and opinions
- Expressing relationships and making suggestions and recommendations
- Drawing conclusions
DISCUSSION - Initiating, interrupting and negotiating
- Turn - taking, prompting and closing.
FULFILMENT - Presenting relevant ideas
- Providing adequate content
- Showing a mature treatment of topic
TASK A - Individual Presentation
EXAMPLE OF TASK A
All candidates are given 2 minutes to prepare a response
Each candidate is given 2 minutes t present views
One situation is given. All 4 candidates receive the same situation
One suggestion/opinion/view/solution is given
All 4 candidates received different suggestion/opinion/view/solution
TACKLING THE SPEAKING PAPER
STEP 1 - UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION
* Read the situation given carefully
* Underline the key words
* Analyze the task
STEP 2 - BRAINSTORM/ GATHER IDEAS
* Jot down 3 main points quickly
* Expand points
* Use key words or phrases
STEP 3 - ORGANIZE IDEAS
* Organize your main points
* Insert linkers or useful expressions
* Remember your introduction and conclusions
TASK B (GROUP INTERACTION)
Speak clearly and audibly. Pay attention to stress, intonation and pauses.
Listen attentively when others are talking and jot down the key words
Participate actively. Be courteous and diplomatic
Read widely and keep updated with current issues.
give convincing reasons and examples to substantiate opinion or suggestion.
Mumble, speak softly or shout
Use fillers like "um", "er" or "uh"
Use peculiar speech habits like "lah", "you know" and "actually"
Fidget, fold your arms or shake your legs
Give sweeping statements and generalizations
Make personal remarks, be defensive or be overcritical
Be upset if your opinion or suggestion is not accepted
Monopolize the discussion