Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Introduction to the Crucible
Transcript of Introduction to the Crucible
Salem Witch Trials Massachusetts
February 1692 - May 1693 16th and 17th Centuries Religion played a MAJOR part of everyday life
Bible as Literal Authority
Personal Interpretation Demonology
Belief in witchcraft Women
Marginalized because of Eve's original sin Salem Witch Trials 2 Solutions:
1. Go through a trial and
most likely, be sentenced
to be hung
2. Confess to witchcraft
and tell on others who
participate. The Results Arthur Miller
America Senator Joseph McCarthy
McCarthyism Red Scare 1947-1957 Communist Power in Russia, Eastern Europe, and China
Nuclear Weapons Federal Government rounded American citizens up based on allegations of Communist Espionage
followed by an attempt to find others by offering a lesser punishment for outing others. Sound Familiar? 1. Fear of Evil living within the community
2. Mass hysteria over finding the culprits
3. People arrested were offered the opportunity to confess and name others