Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Newbery Medal
Transcript of The Newbery Medal
2013 Newbery Winner
2015 Newbery Honor Winners
to encourage original, creative work
Committee reads as
many books as possible
Nominate books for ballot
#1 - earns 4 points
#2- earns 3 points
#3- earns 2 points
Vote for 3 books
8 first place votes
ahead by 8 points
Style of writing
*Nominate a book
*Write a persuasive speech on why
the book deserves to win the award
*Present speech to class
*Vote for top 3
How do they Pick the Newbery Winner?
Hook your audience, get their attention.
This is your chance to really persuade others to
book deserves to win the Greenbery Award.
Use details from the text to support your opinion.
Briefly tell us what the book is about.
vote for your book! Two or three reasons your
Last chance to convince us.
End with a bang!
2014 Newbery Winner
Honor Books 2016