Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Rhetorical Analysis Unit - Introduction
Transcript of Rhetorical Analysis Unit - Introduction
Logos, Ethos, and Pathos Cracker Barrel's "Home" Commercial (1) Who is the audience that Cracker Barrel is trying to reach?
(2) What are the ways that they try to reach their intended audience?
(3) Do you think their rhetorical appeals to the audience are successful? Questions to Ask Yourself While Analyzing Rhetoric of Persuasive Text
(1) Who is the audience? What is the purpose of the text?
(2) What are the rhetorical appeals being used to reach the audience?
(3) Why are these particular appeals being used?
(4) Is the rhetoric of the text successful? Review of Rhetorical Appeals
• Logos: logical argument; an appeal to "reason"
• Ethos: ethical argument; an appeal based on the writer's (ethical) character
• Pathos: emotional argument; an appeal to the emotions of the audience Red Lobster - "LobsterFest"
(1) How does this commercial compare to the Cracker Barrel commercial? What are the differences in the rhetoric used?
(2) How does this new Lobsterfest commercial compare to others that you've seen? Why do you think that Red Lobster has changed its rhetoric to reach their audience? Commercial #1:
Identify the audience and rhetorical appeal.
Why this audience for Old Spice? Commercial #2:
Who is the audience?
What is the rhetorical appeal being parodied? Why is having
the ability to analyze
the rhetoric of advertisements
an important skill? Questions? How does this Dove ad challenge traditional beauty campaigns?