Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
What is Advertising?
- It promotes a product, service or event to its target audience
- Such products, services or events were created to fulfill a need in the marketplace
- Advertising is written by copywriters and finished with artwork by graphic designers
- Many mediums can be used to channel advertisements
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Formulate basic layout designs, specify material details
2) Review and approve proofs made by other members of the team
3) Manage own accounts and projects
4) Work within budget and scheduling requirements
5) Collaborate with other creative, art, copy-writing or production departments on ideas
6) Create ad campaigns that leave a lasting impression
Graphic Designer/ Art Director
Basic Job Description:
Formulate design concepts and presentation approaches, and create art work, layout design, and collaborate with a copy writer for visual communications media, such as magazines, books, newspapers, and packaging.
- Freelance or Advertising Agency
- Hours are generally from 8am-5pm
- Extra hours may be required if there are deadlines to be met
- Long hours can be disrupting and stressful
- Work is primarily office based, can depend on project or employer
- Some out of office work may be needed to meet with clients
- Dress code can vary
Qualifications and Training Required
- Degrees in Art such as Graphic Design
- Knowledge of various computer programs such as Adobe.
- Portfolio is required to show examples of art work.
- Marketing Degree is an advantage
Advancement, Earnings and Outlook
- With experience, advancement to higher positions with managerial qualities
- Median Salary of $43,180
- Up to $77,000 for a Senior Position
- Job growth is expected to be as fast as the average of all positions
- Keen competition among other designers
Detailed Development Plan
- Complete School
- Graduate with a double degree
- BA in Art (Graphic Design)
- BSBA in Marketing
- Prepare my Portfolio
- Look out for advertising jobs that require skills from both my degrees (Branding)
- Internship with Big
How many advertisements do you think you are exposed to in a day?
5? 10?? 15??
“The average American is exposed to 247 commercial messages each day.”
So... What Do I Want To Do?
“How Many Ads Are We Exposed to Daily??”. Free By 50. 21 June 2011. Web. 22 June 2013. <http://www.freeby50.com/2011/06/how-many-ads-are-we-exposed-to-daily.html>
“What is Advertising?”. Wise Geek. Web. 22 June 2013. <http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-advertising.htm>
Art Director Job Description, Duties and Jobs - Part 1. Career Planner.com. Web. 22 June 2013. <http://job-descriptions.careerplanner.com/art-directors.cfm>
Advertising Art Director: Salary and Conditions. Prospects. Web. 22 June 2013. <http://www.prospects.ac.uk/advertising_art_director_salary.htm>
Deahl, Rachel. Art Director - How to Become an Art Director. About.com. Web. 22 June 2013. <http://mediacareers.about.com/od/mediajobprofiles/a/ArtDirector.htm>
("How Many Ads")
("What is Advertising?")
("Art Director Job")
Thank you :)