Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Ch.2 (2.2-2.6)
Discovery of cells Theodor Schwann Matthias Jakob Schleiden In 1839 , they discovered that plant and
animal parts are made up of cells . The theory about : All organisms are made up of one or more cells
Cell is the basic unit of life
All cells come from pre-existing cells Microscope Light microscope Dissection microscope Electron microscope The basic structure of a cell 2.3 Animal cell Plant cell
Two cells' different Differences in relative size
Differences in shape
Differences in structure
Differences in position of nucleus
2.4 Levels of body organization Multicellular organisms consist of many different cells
Cells are specialized to serve different functions
Cells work together at different levels 2.5
Using a light microscope How to use a microscope Magnification =
Eyepiece magnification x objective magnification
Prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells