Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Asthma Prezi
What is Asthma?
Asthma is a long term disease that makes it hard to breathe.
When you are around certain things your sensitive airways can:
Become red and swollen and your airways get inflamed inside.
What sets off your asthma symptoms?
Many different things can set off your asthma symptoms.
If you breathe in something you're allergic to- for example, dust or pollen.
If you breathe in an asthma trigger like cold air or smoke, or if you exercise.
Symbicort and ventolin inhalers care the most commonly used asthma inhalers.
What Is an Asthma Attack?
An asthma attack is a sudden worsening of asthma symptoms.
Some symptoms of an asthma attack:
•Very rapid breathing
•Chest pain or pressure
Early warning signs of an asthma attack include:
• Frequent cough
• Shortness of breath
• Feeling very tired or weak when exercising
Asthma continues to be a major cause of hospitalization of children in Canada.
8.5% of the population over age 12 have been diagnosed as having asthma
In Canada, approximately 20 children and 500 adults die each year from asthma.
Yellow is 1-4%,
red is 9% & up