Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Study Abroad
1.) Goucher College (MD)
2.) Soka University of America (CA)
3.) Holy Cross College (IN)
4.) Centre College (KY)
Frequently Asked Questions
Study Abroad Quick Facts
* You can study abroad for either a summer, semester or for an entire academic year
How do I go to school in another country if I can't speak the language?
Disadvantages of Studying Abroad
Being away from your family
Spending too much money
Studying in a second language
Education standards vary
By: Nicolette Wallace, Meagan Reger, and Ragen Dolan
What is studying abroad?
Studying abroad is the act of a student pursuing educational opportunities in a country other than one's own.
Tuition and Fees: $41,886
Minimum GPA: 3.0
Minimum GPA: 2.5
*The United Kingdom is the most traveled to country for the study abroad program
* You travel with students from your school, usually about 5-20 other students
Why should I study Abroad?
More Quick Facts
Will I get academic credit for my time abroad?
Advantages of Studying Abroad
*Jobs prefer those who have studied abroad rather than those students who have not
Different educational programs
Improve your language skills
Becoming more independent
Stand out on college applications
Provides social and cultural benefits
* Most colleges have a wide variety of countries to choose to travel to
*Studying abroad can be a "once in a lifetime" opportunity.
What happens if I have a problem while on my program?
A student would have the best travel abroad experience if they have...
*good communication skills
*A willingness to learn and adapt to new cultures, people and ideas
*a wanting for a new and refreshing experience
*a want to further their education
*good survival skills/common sense
*an outgoing personality
* an open-minded out look on life
Can I request placement in a certain city or region of the host country?
Study abroad Statistics
* 97% of students found employment within 12 months of graduation
*25% higher salaries than those who don't study abroad
*90% got into their top first or second choice for a graduate school
*80% said it helped them to better adapt to diverse work environments.
There are over 450 different programs and 58 countries to travel to.
There are about 15 different programs and 9 different countries to travel to.
Your grades recieved when studying abroad will be transfered and converted to the SUNY Fredonia 4 point GPA system.