Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Romeo and Juliet introduction
Transcript of Romeo and Juliet introduction
ROMEO&JULIET Common assumptions.
What do people
know already? A young girl called
Juliet... ...who is
and marries... Romeo,
a young man from
family. Their love is doomed Something to do with a balcony? ''Romeo,
Romeo?'' Romeo Juliet The lover's deaths are tragic ''This is thy sheath!
- There rust, and let me die.'' Thy drugs are quick. thus with a kiss I die There are loads of guns and car
chases and really cool music... MISCONCEPTIONS This is a book made in to a film Shakespeare is boring and irrelevant ALL WRONG!!! The Truth... This is a play
Shakespeare wrote this play over 400 years ago; England was a very different place. Shakespeare is AWESOME and continues to be
relevant today, despite being written in a very
different world. ''A pair of star-crossed lovers take their life;'' ''My sword I say! Old Montague is come,
And flourishes his blade in spite of me!'' ''Thou villain, Capulet!'' Shakespeare
intended it to be
watched live. It had to be written down for the actors to learn their lines AWESOME