Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Web-GIS and Knowledge Base for the Philippine Hydrologic
Transcript of The Web-GIS and Knowledge Base for the Philippine Hydrologic
no additional software
installation on computers
b.) open for
simultaneous access and editing
c.) good version control (a single version of shapefile available locally and remotely)
1. The National Hydrography Dataset (USGS)
2. Philippine Geoportal (limited features like watershed)
3. World Bank's Hydrology Project for India
Temporarily published on an online hosting service
The Philippine Hydrologic Dataset Portal
1. App Development
2. Sharing and integration of data with partner agencies depending on MOA.
Existing Hydrologic web portals
Engr. Roel M. de la Cruz
The Web-GIS and Knowledge Base for the Philippine Hydrologic Dataset
The PHD portal
using various geographic data models to generate different hydrologic datasets in watersheds.
detailed maps of all water resources
in the Philippines including, but not limited to,
hydrologic units, stream and river networks, dams
, and other natural and
man-made water features
and other related maps obtained from previous modeling efforts and those
generated by different agencies.
containing calibrated parameters resulting from the Flood Modeling Component (FMC) of the DREAM project, which can be used for
water balance analysis, hydrological modeling and similar applications
d.) easier for standardization
e.) highly customizable
f.) sharing and updating of information is facilitated more quickly
We can setup a public and
free hydrology knowledge base
that will heighten appreciation and understanding of hydrology concepts to complement the Philippine Hydrologic Dataset
4. The WWF Hydrosheds
5. The WHYMAP Project
6.Utrecht University Hydrology Map
7. ESRI's Recommended Source of Hydro Datasets