Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Untitled Prezi
for political purposes. Examples of Terrorist Organizations 1. Al Queda
3. Red Brigade
5. Hamas What is the Shining Path? The communist party of Peru, more commonly known as the Shining Path, is a maoist guerrilla insurgent organization of Peru. Widely condemned for its brutality, including violence deployed against peasants, trade union organizers, popularly elected officials and the general civilian population, the Shining Path is described by the Peruvian government as a terrorist organization What is the Red Brigade? The Red Brigades is a Marxist-Leninist vanguard paramilitary organization, based in Italy, which was responsible for numerous violent incidents, assassinations, and robberies during the "Years of Lead". Formed in 1970, the organization sought to create a "revolutionary" state through armed struggle, and to remove Italy from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. The Red Brigades attained notoriety in the 1970s and early 1980s with their violent attempts to destabilize Italy by acts of sabotage, bank robberies, and kidnappings. Who are the Hamas? Hamas is an Palestinian Sunni Islamic or Islamist organization located in the Palestinian territories.Based on the principles of Islamic fundamentalism gaining momentum throughout the Arab world in the 1980s, Hamas was founded in 1987 as an offshoot of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood.The group's short-term aim has been to drive Israeli forces from the occupied territories. To achieve this it has launched attacks on Israeli troops and settlers in the Palestinian territories and against civilians in Israel. What is Al Queda? Al Queda is a radical Sunni Muslim organization dedicated to the elimination of a Western presence in Arab countries and militantly opposed to Western foreign policy. Al Queda was founded by Osama bin Laden in 1988. How does terrorism affect our daily life? 9/11 had a devastating impact on the way people look at life. Many things changed after the attacks. The Department of Homeland security was created in 2002 to coordinate national efforts against terrorism. President Bush also signed an anti- terrorism bill into law. This law, is known as the USA Patriot Act. It allowed the government to: detain foreigners suspected of terrorism, tap all phones used by suspects and monitor their email and internet use, order U.S banks to investigate sources of large foreign accounts, and prosecute terrorism crimes without any restrictions or limitations. How did terrorism affect traveling? 9/11 also affected traveling, and increased airport security all around the world. The Federal Aviation Administration ordered airplanes to install bars on cockpit doors to prevent passengers from gaining control of planes, as the hijackers of 9/11 had done. The aviation and transportation security act made airport security the responsibility of the federal government, and no longer the individual airport's responsibility. The law provided for a federal security force that would inspect passengers and carry-on bags. It would also require for the screening of checked bags. Before 9/11 After 9/11 World Energy Supplies Terrorist organizations have always been interested in targeting oil and gas facilities.In the past decade alone, there have been scores of attacks against oil targets primarily in the Middle East, Africa and Latin America. After the attacks on World Trade Center and the Pentagon,terrorist organizations like al Qaeda have identified the world’s energy system as a major vulnerability and a certain way to deliver a blow to America's oil dependent economy as well as global economy. Financial Markets Terrorism is a geopolitical risk for global economy and financial markets.A terrorist attack can impose many unwanted impact on the economy. Such as it can slow down the growth rate of economy for a shorter or longer period, depending upon the intensity of the attack. It can reduce the confidence of investors, increase risk aversion, and lower consumptions. Terrorist attack has a prominent effect on the stock prices of insurance companies, due to the claim settlement of terrorism risk insurance