Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Hello
At Kent State University, a gathering was held on May 1 on the Commons. As the crowd dispersed to attend classes by 1 p.m., another rally was planned for May 4 to continue the protest of Nixon's expansion of the Vietnam War into Cambodia. Later that night people got restless and angry, people from bars and other places started to riot and brake things, it started out small, but by the time that the police arrived 120 people had gathered.
Kent's Mayor Leroy Satrom declared a state of emergency on May 2 and asked Ohio Governor James A. Rhodes to send the National Guard to Kent to help maintain order.
During the time of 8:00 p.m., another rally was in progress on the campus Commons. By 8:45 p.m. the Guardsmen were forced to use tear gas to disperse the crowd, and the students reassembled at the intersection of Lincoln and Main Streets. At 11:00 p.m., the Guard announced that a curfew had gone into effect and began forcing the students back to their dorms. A few students were bayoneted by Guardsmen.
On this day the shootings took place that killed 4 students and injured 9 others. 1 2 3 4 5 The End