Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Bio-11.2
Complex inheritance patterns don't follow Mendel's rules. 5. Sex-linked disorders Linked to sex chromosomes
Carried on the X.
Shows on males even if recessive, in females depends on the other allele. 2. Codominance Both alleles express themselves but in separate cells. They don't mix. 1. Incomplete dominance Two alleles both contribute to the phenotype. The result is a combination of the two.
Ex: Flower color A pair of genes, but more than two options for each allele.
Ex: Blood type Two or more pairs of genes control the same trait.
Ex: Skin color, eye color Water and sunlight: Affect plant growth, leaves, roots, color etc.
Temperature: Affects plants and animals (ex: cat fur color).
Lifestyle: Affects showing of diseases (ex: cancer, diabetes and heart problems). 23 pairs of chromosomes in the human body 22 pairs of autosomes + 1 pair of sex chromosomes = Color blindness Hemophilia Patient sees read and green in shades of grey.
Very rare in females. Blood takes a long time to clot.
Very rare in females.