Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Grapes of Wrath: Chapter 21
Transcript of Grapes of Wrath: Chapter 21
saw the eyes of the hungry." Effect: Rich vs. Poor No Quotations Ex. "If he'll take twenty-five, I'll do it for twenty." Effect: Collective/mutual feel Simile Ex. "On the highways the people moved like
ants and searched for work, for food." Effect: Migrants=followers/plentiful/worthless Hyperbole Ex. "And they scampered about,...streamed with
moving people." Effect: Okies too hopeful, can't accept reality. CONNECTION TO
STEINBECK'S ERA Hostile towards Okies "Hoovervilles" Local/Okie generalization Blame the rich CONNECTION TO
MODERN ERA Recession Survival of the fittest Jobless citizens, foreclosures, gas prices rise CONNECTION TO RELEVANT
FICTIONAL CHAPTERS Chapter 20 Chapter 22 No job Join or die Rich vs. poor Independent to dependent