Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
City of Chicago Assignment
Transcript of City of Chicago Assignment
Boystown started as a derogatory nickname for Newtown. In the late '70s, gay bars began to open in the area, encouraging more of the gay community to move in after being previously excluded from more desirable neighborhoods.
Boystown is known for its diversity in terms of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, etc.
The median income of a group of people is determined by dividing that group of people into two different segments, one above the median and one below.
- The Kit Kat Lounge & Supper Club is a cabaret-themed restaurant which features drag shows and performances from Chicago's best divas.
-It was America's first official gay neighborhood.
-North Halstead has an official bike route.
-There are 11 pairs of rainbow pylons along the strip.
-Is also recognized as
Data calculated based on median income is able to yield a more accurate representation of the group
Automatically removes those values that are at the furthest ends of the income distribution
Median Income Characteristics
Boystown : Median Income
- Sidetrack Chicago, The Video Bar (sometimes known as the 'Heart of Gay Chicago') features show tunes theme nights on certain days of the week.
- Most importantly, Chicago's Annual Gay Pride Parade is held in Boystown! It becomes an opportunity for everyone of the LGBTQA community to put their personal stamp on Chicago pride.