Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
HBS Chapter 2 Review
Transcript of HBS Chapter 2 Review
They have to be excited by stimuli such as light, sound, heat, pressure, or chemicals released by other neurons.
how are electrical signals created and transmitted in the human body?
Through CNS and PNS.
How do scientists determine which areas of the brain are associated with specific actions actions, emotions of functions?
MRIs & electrodes directly
implanted into the brain can show
which areas of the brain are active
during which activities or even when
people are thinking about various
what is a hormone?
chemical substances that act like messenger molecules in the body
HBS Chapter 2 Review
how do neurons convey information using both electrical and chemical signals?
what factors impact our ability to react to a stimulus?
Things that directly influences the activity of a living organism or one of its parts such as exciting a sensory organ or evoking muscular contraction.
What are the main regions of the brain and the functions relating to each region?
- motor function,problem solving,spontaneity, memory,language, initiation,judgement, impulse control,and social and sexual behavior.
- processing sensory information regarding the location of parts of the body as well as interpreting visual information and processing language and mathematics.
- primary auditory perception, such as hearing,and holds the primary auditory cortex.
- visual processing center of the mammalian brain containing most of the anatomical region of the visual cortex.
what is the basic structure and function of the neuron?
A neurone is a nerve cell and its function is to transmit electrical impulses
how to hormones interact with target cells?
Target cells have no specific receptors for a particular hormone. Those receptors bind hormones to target cells.
how do feedback loops help regulate the action of hormones?
extensively to regulate secretion of hormones in the hypothalamic pituitary axis.
Explain how the body decreases blood glucose levels if they are to high? too low?
how is light focused by the eye?
how do the eye and brain work together to process what we see?
the detects what you see but the brian tells you what youre looking at.
how does the eye perceive depth, color and optical illusions?
By the color, darkness, brightness, shape, etc., the brain can tell you whether it is 3D, moving, standing, etc.