Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Japanese Face painting
Transcript of Copy of Japanese Face painting
also known as
it is the interpretation of the actor's own role through the medium of the facial features.
The result is a decoding of the drama traced out in the graphic designs of the painted face.
Colors that represent certain qualities
- passion or anger
- depression or sadness
black - fear
Some e.g of face painting are the
, where the lines are paintaed onto an actor's face.
KUMADORI: the painted japanese kabuki thater
2Types of Kabuki makeup
1. standard makeup
- applied to most actors.
2. kumadori makeup
- applied to villains and heroes
Japanese Face painting
mukimi-guma or sugi-guma
THANKS FOR LISTENING :)
GODBLESS :) /\
Paintings in East Asia do not only apply on a paper, silk and wood. Performers of kabuki in Japan and Peking opera China use their faces as the canvas for painting while mask painting is done in Korea.
Meaning of colors in Face Painting
Red indicates devotion, courage, bravery, uprightness and loyalty
- yellow signifies fierceness, ambition and cool-headadness
- a green face tells the audience that character is nit impolsive and violent but also lacks self-restraints,
- black symbolizes roughness and fierceness. the black face indicates either a rough and bold character or an personality.
- purple stands for uprightness and cool headedness while a reddish purple face indicates a just and noble character
colors are usually used for gods and spirits.
Each Group will do an Face painting in 1 Cartolina using wet and dry media. Each color should be signifies your emotion and feelings. When you are finish, post it in the blackboard and explain it in your classmates.
TEST YOUR WITS !
1. What is the other term for Kesho?
2-3. What are the two types of face painting in japan?
4. What color is
5. What kind of emotion does
2. Standard and
3. Kumadori makeup
> Researh about paper arts in East Asia.
Kabuki is a classical Japanese dance-drama.
Kabuki is therefore sometimes translated as "the art of singing and dancing".
the word kabuki is believed to derive from the verb kabuku, meaning "to lean" or "to be out of the ordinary", kabuki can be interpreted as "avant-garde" or "bizarre" theatre.