Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of Girl Scouts Informational Meeting
Transcript of Copy of Girl Scouts Informational Meeting
Juliette Gordon Low
To give girls something to do
Andrea Van Burkleo
Girl Scout Promise
"On my honor, I will try
to serve God and my country,
to help people at all times, and
to live by the Girl Scout Law."
3 Keys or goals for girls through the program:
1. Discover themselves and their values.
2. Connect with others and the world around them.
3. Take action to make the world a better place.
Girl Scout Levels:
Daisies - K and 1st grades
Brownies - 2nd and 3rd grades
Juniors - 4th and 5th grades
Cadettes - 6th, 7th and 8th grades
Seniors - 9th and 10th grades
Ambassadors - 11th and 12th grades
What do girl do in Girl Scouts?
1. Leadership Journeys -
series of activities with a common thread
2. Skill Building Awards -
focused on specific skills such as pottery, dancing, citizenship, etc.
3. Community Service -
identifying community needs and meeting those needs
4. Outdoor activities -
camping, horses, archery, swimming, summer camps
5. Money Management -
6. Trips -
Washington DC, Savannah, international travel
How do troops form?
1. Girls register.
2. Moms volunteer as leaders.
3. Leaders decide when and where to meet.
4. Leaders get coleaders to assist them -
cookie mom, curriculum mom, snack mom,
games and crafts mom.
Girl Scouts make better leaders than girls who were never in the organization.
How do I sign up my daughter?
1. Sign the roster today.
2. Register online at www.gsle.org.
3. Click the eBiz button, and follow the steps.
4. Register yourself to be a leader - there is no better way to ensure that your daughter will have a great experience than for you to volunteer as a leader or coleader.
Girl Scout Daisies in leadership action:
Step 1 - They discovered how to care for animals and themselves.
Girl Scout Law
"I will do my best to be
honest and fair,
friendly and helpful,
considerate and caring,
courageous and strong, and
responsible for what I say and do,
respect myself and others,
use resources wisely,
make the world a better place, and
be a sister to every Girl Scout."
Step 2 - They connected with animals by creating toys out of recycled materials and donating the toys at an animal shelter they visited.
Step 3 - They took action to make the world a better place by educating their friends about their take action project.
GSUSA ensures that
all GS activities/projects are also
about HOW the girls do them:
1. Girl led
2. Learning by doing
3. Cooperative learning
Girl Scouting builds girls of
courage, confidence, and character
who make the world a better place.