Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Copy of Interpreting the Periodic Table - Middle School Science
Transcript of Copy of Interpreting the Periodic Table - Middle School Science
Table The ALUMINUM STAIRCASE
divides the elements into metals and
nonmetals. The periodic table of elements organizes all of the different elements, or different types of atoms.
It is organized by increasing atomic number. Let's Review: Atoms of different elements differ in the number of subatomic particles.
This changes their chemical properties. The Horizontal Rows in the Periodic Table
are known as Periods All of the atoms in the same period have
the same number of electron shells, or orbitals.
Every element in the first row has one shell, every element in the second row has two shells, and so on.
What is the maximum number of shells an atom can have? When a column goes from
top to bottom, it is called a group. The elements in a group have
the same number of electrons in
their outer shell. The groups bordering the staircase exhibit some metallic and non-metallic properties - so they are called METALLOIDS These are known as