Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Path to Successful Partnerships
Transcript of The Path to Successful Partnerships
Setting sail for an adventure!
Starting Your Journey
1. Understand your own organization
2. Understand the needs and motivation of the other
3. Identify common interests
4. Plan projects and collaborations
5. Agree on roles, tasks, and responsibilities !
The Five Steps to Building Successful Partnerships
Pitfalls to Avoid
Proactive moves to avoid obstacles and barriers
Building Partnerships for Success!
Together We Do More!
Irene Ramos and Mark Sanchez
SAISD Adult and Community Education
1. Identify the characteristics of successful partnerships.
2. Analyze the similarities and differences in the working cultures of potential partner organizations.
3. Examine five steps to beginning a successful partnership.
Do the task!
Everyone will work together to complete the task in the bag...but first everyone in the group must assume a role.
1. Lips- can't talk
2. Blindfold- won't be able to see
3. Ear plugs- can't hear
4. Glove- can't use hands.
5. Person- will stand outside the work area and will only observe
Everyone must help within their capacity to complete the task
How did the task completion go?
The Collaboration Challenge: How Nonprofits and Business Succeed Through Strategic
Alliances, by James E. Austin. Published by the Drucker Foundation.
Lack of clear purpose.
Lack of follow through.
Setting Unrealistic Goals
Partners differ in philosophy or performance goals.
Lack of communication
Financial and time commitments outweigh the potential benefits
Characteristics of Successful Partnerships
Time to build the partnership.
Development of a shared vision.
Respect and trust between different interests.
Commitment of key interests developed through a clear and open process.
Language, jargon, buzz words
Measurement of success and performance goals
Decision making style
Communication with Partners
Characteristics of effective communication
Leveraging of Resources!
Let's do an activity!
Find your map mates!